For Christmas I got a Logitech G930 headset and occasionally I use a G700s mouse. Both are meant for gaming and can be managed and customized with Logitech’s Gaming Software. That worked for about 10 days, after that, shit hit the fan.
My computer runs a fresh 64bit Windows 10. Logitech Gaming Software has been on there for about 10 days and now has stopped working. Now I know Windows 10 does some nasty behind the scene stuff and maybe that’s the cause of the issue, but I would still like to see a fix or some documentation on this. Especially since the workaround I’ve found to work is 2 years old!
Unplug the USB connection dongle. Run Logitech Gaming Software. Plug the dongle back in. No need to re-install, remove settings, reboot or do anything drastic. To not display the message when booting your computer, just leave in unplugged during boot or just don’t run Logitech’s software on startup.
So Logitech, please fix this.
Update: high CPU and memory usage fix
I hadn’t really noticed any extremes when using my computer, due to my system’s high end hardware, but I had noticed some latency in the usage of Logitech Gaming Software itself. When checking the Task Manager, I noticed the LCore.exe process was using 25% (100% of a core) of CPU and over 120MB of memory. After a quick Google I found an easy solution, but it does mean you have to clear your local settings. With most products this is not an issue, but if you have customized quite a bit, it’ll be a hassle to redo everything.
To fix it, exit out of Logitech Gaming Software (or just kill LCore.exe), delete the following file:
C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Logitech\Logitech Gaming Software\settings.json
Where YOUR_USERNAME is your username, obviously. Then, simply restart Logitech Gaming Software and enjoy a quiet computer again. I have only just tried this, so I don’t know if this fix will hold up very long.